Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanks Giving

I've just come back from a funeral for a man who helped R and I and some other great people make a great thing happen this summer. He agreed to rent us a house for the purpose of setting up an Oxford House residence, which we managed to open in June. Perhaps it doesn't sound like a big thing, but to the men whose lives this has touched, it is a very huge thing.

Tonight, R, myself, the state coordinator of the OH and the group of men that live in the house (whom we are glad to call friends) all went to pay our respects to the wife and young daughters that are missing him tonight.

And as I sit here, I am reminded, yet again, how easy it is to let something slide, to not take the opportunity to tell those in your life just how much you love them, whenever you can, because you just never know when it may be the last time. So I'm going to close down my computer and curl up next to this beautiful man with whom I am so blessed to share a life and I'm going to be thankful.

Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment