Thursday, June 11, 2009

And chapter one ends...

One doesn't realize, when one is situated comfortably in the middle of one's life, just how much creatures of habit we become, and how much accumulation the years bring. As I sit here surrounded by boxes and not even sure where to begin, I'm faced head on by that accumulation. And as I close this chapter, and move from the life I've known since I was 19 years old, into something that is still so blurry around the edges - I have an overwhelming desire to be free of that accumulation and to start fresh and bare, and create something new.

In the words of one of my favorite musicians:

"So bust out of this old cocoon
and dry your wings off
butterfly;
go ahead and fly."
- Dave Matthews

Time to try these wings out.

3 comments:

  1. let me know if you need help with those wings...i have Bounty here at home. The quicker picker upper. I'm so excited for you...missing you too! PO GF!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're moving out of that house....I remember thinking the pics of it were gorgeous!


    BUT - can't wait to hear how those wings end up working for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's scary as hell. I'm still quite terrified. But here's hoping -- here's knowing -- it's for the best. I'll talk to you on the other side. :)

    -- wb

    ReplyDelete